Did you just move to Texas from another state? If you did, you need a new Texas driver's license and Texas license plates for your car. However, you need to know, before you may get a Texas driver's license you have to have your car registered and before your car can be registered, it has to be inspected.
Save time by following this order:
- Have your vehicle inspected
- State inspections are available at service stations and repair shops all over Denton County
- Register your vehicle at a County Tax Office
- you must have proof of Texas liability insurance for the vehicle you wish to register with you at the time of registration.
- Apply for your new Texas Drivers license at a
Public Safety Office.
New residents must have their vehicles pass inspection before having it registered and titled. After having it inspected, owners should take the following to their county tax office:
Proof of Texas liability insurance
The vehicle's odometer reading if it is less than 10 years old
An original out-of-state title, proof of registration, or proof of sales tax payment
Completed emissions certificate and VIN verification form
The following fees:
- Registration fee (contact county tax office)
- Title application fee of $33.00
- New resident tax of $90.00